History of Kalsbeek Plumbing
John Kalsbeek Sr.
Kalsbeek Plumbing was started in the spring of 1955, by John Kalsbeek Sr. and Charles DeJong. The company was first named Kalsbeek and DeJong Plumbing and operated out of John’s garage on Hall Street, east off of Wilson Ave. A larger building was constructed on the property in the 1960’s and is still in use today. When Charles DeJong retired in 1980, Charles Kalsbeek, the son of John Sr. became the new partner in the business. The name of the company was then changed to Kalsbeek and Son Plumbing, and Charles transitioned from a strictly commercial company to its current broad scope of work and services. John Kalsbeek Sr. retired in 1994, and Charles Kalsbeek became the sole owner of the company. It then took on its current name, Kalsbeek Plumbing Inc. Jeff and John H. Kalsbeek, sons of Charles, took over ownership in 2004.The company employs nine full time employees and one part time employee.